Over the last two years, digital advertising in B2B has replaced more traditional tactics. Although this trend is expected to continue even after the pandemic, companies using digital advertising will face some challenges in the future:
- 95% of decision-maker prospects continue to remain entirely anonymous throughout their digital journey, and brands have no plans on how to engage with them.
- Digital media is used to target individuals via cookies, but, as yet, there are no solutions regarding how to target companies based on the different and sophisticated customer segmentation criteria requested by clients.
- LinkedIn allows segmentation, but not without limitations: the audience volume is much lower than the other key competitors; prices rose significantly in the last year or so; their main segmentation criteria rely on employee size – information that is strongly ‘inflated’ by companies when profiling themselves online
- Cookie usage is becoming increasingly restricted to the point that, by 2023, all key browsers will only allow native cookies or ‘clustered’ third-party cookies based on similar behaviour or profiles.
Data and technology, how to power up your digital advertising strategy
With the right adtech platform and a comprehensive data set, you’ll be able to overcome these challenges, and start hypertargeting.
Data needs to come from multiple sources. On top of good quality company firmographic, technographic and financial data, you should also integrate identification information such as digital addresses, such as IPs, user IDs and device IDs Finally you will need up-to-date decisionmakers’ information as well as reliable purchase-intent data. Reliable intent-data is obtained analysing individuals interactions with multiple digital and social channels, along with more traditional channels.
IP tracking and mapping
Companies can now transform anonymous traffic into known traffic integrating IP tracking and mapping with their or their agency’s martech stack. Companies can also track the behaviours of individuals no matter where they are Using both direct and IP-predicted matching using device IDs.
What’s more, all the individual-level intent data can be mapped together with company-level information, giving you a broader picture of the customer journey.
Collecting and integrating this data and using the right data-management platform will allow you to create hypertargeted lists of companies, personalise messages and send them out at the right time.
Using the right marketing tactics at the right time will boost the results of your demand generation and branding campaigns. Hypertargeting ensures you reach and target only:
- Accounts that matter to you (account-based).
- Segments identified as being more relevant to you (by industry, by size, etc).
- Sets of companies emanating strong purchasing signals (intent-based).
- Individuals currently reading or talking about topics relevant to you (contextual advertising) or joining an event (geo-location-based).
Technology develops so rapidly that constantly generating the level of innovation needed to keep pace isn’t easy. From awareness campaigns to lead-generation programmes, you’ll be more effective working with the right data, the right adtech platform, and the right delivery partner.
Find out more about Expandi Digital Advertising Platform and its IP Address Technology. Click here